Southern Cross Martial Arts Ballarat is a member of the wider Southern Cross Martial Arts, which has its largest presence in Queensland.
Southern Cross Martial Arts was set up to promote, develop and deliver martial arts, self-defence and combat sports training using a community focussed, evidence based methodology in ways consistent with:
(a) the objects, rules and policies of the relevant combat sport peak bodies;
(b) the anti-doping principles regarding drugs in sport;
(c) the principles of inclusivity; and
(d) the Budo culture of martial arts.
To this end our Mission is:
- To provide research validated defensive skills training that meets the needs of our students and provides them with the ability to deal with the effects of fear, escape from a determined attacker and deal effectively with the legal system.
- To provide a safe haven of positive energy and support for our student’s mental and physical growth.
- To provide inspiration of personal excellence through our example as Black Belts both in and out of Southern Cross Martial Arts.
- To ensure the long term growth of Southern Cross Martial Arts and its instructors by providing exemplary student service.
Our Vision is:
- We will develop evidence based methodologies that ensure that our training is ethical, practical, cost effective, tactically sound, legally defensible and have minimum risk of injury to all parties involved whilst at the same time providing the best possible self-defence training.
- We will continue to spread the message that no one should be a victim of violence.
- We will provide the absolute best training possible.
- We will never rest on our laurels and will always strive to learn more, be better and overcome challenges so that we may better serve the community in which we live.
Our Values are:
- We operate ethically
- We treat our clients and ourselves with trust and respect
- We communicate openly
- We are accountable for our decisions, actions and behaviour
- We value our expertise and share our knowledge
- We value personal safety
- We value community responsibility